Metropolitan Philadelphia Chapter American College of Surgeons
THE MAY 18TH MEETING HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR RESCHEDULED UPDATES.
The Metropolitan Philadelphia Chapter of the American College of Surgeons invites all MPACS member Residents and Medical Students to submit abstract papers and/or case study reports for presentation at the 2020 Annual Joint Dinner Meeting.
Requirements for Submission:
· Submitting Resident or Medical Student must be an active member of MPACS. Not a member, click here
to join: https://www.mp-acs.org/join-us. You must be an active member of ACS (https://www.facs.org) to
· Complete the submission form and submit with your abstract/case study in a PDF file.
· Previously presented abstracts will be accepted. Case study reports must be original.
Educational Outcomes for the MPACS Annual Joint Dinner Meeting:
· Evaluate the quality of the research presented and offer actionable comments.
· Apply new information learned from the presentation to their own practice, if applicable.
· Utilize the session to form collaborations between institutions in the same geographic regions with the same
The top abstract selected by the Committee will present orally during the Annual Business Meeting.
The Abstract/Case Study Selection Committee will review and select the top 25 abstracts and case studies to be presented at the Annual Joint Dinner Meeting. Those abstracts/case studies selected will be viewed and judged on May 18, 2020 from 5:30 PM to 6:45 PM. Abstract/case study submitters must be present during this time.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS MIDNIGHT, MONDAY, MARCH 23, 2020
Office: +1 (717) 220-5255
265 Oberlin Road
Middletown, PA 17057-3014